Monday, June 20, 2011

family

I am getting old and cannot do what I used to do. In fact it takes all day to do what I used to do all day.
Back in April Marilyn and I visited Michael and family in Palm Coast, Fl. It was a great two weeks but I mainly sat around the house and read a book. The main exciting thing was to baptize Mike. We also got to shoot a couple of his guns and created a yen to own one for me. Oh Well it is too expensive.

Mike has done a turnaround on me. I had a sprinkler head break and flood out the basement and then the sprinklers were left on and it flooded again. Well the Adjuster was marveled at our immediate attempts to abate the damage and was generous in his adjustment. Mike came from Florida and has been installing tile in the basement and it looks great. Marilyn and the girls and I will finish up the job but the tiling is just beyond us. We have the basement about 2/3 completed and Mike extended his stay to assist. I will take some pictures and will post them in a couple of days. I had no idea what went into the job and am amazed at what quality work that he has done. Nathan, his son, came out Sunday morning and he is helping too.

So the real thing is family. These children of mine are serving me in my near dotage. I will be forever grateful to Michael and Nathan for their kindness in helping us.

We were in a family counseling situation and was told by the counselor that Michael really loves me. I am truly grateful for that love and assistance. I could not have done it my self and was told that the quality of work would have at least 50% less. We will paint and wainscot to finish it up and maybe the girls will assist in that but.

I am so grateful for the assistance.

I absolutely love my family, my wife, my children and my grandchildren. I am a very lucky man.

No comments: