Thursday, December 25, 2008

Kyo the CAT Christmas Eve 2008

Did I mention a cat that would sit in my lap and purr?

Well Kristen got a kitten that climbs all over me, nuzzles my neck, sand papers my chin, and purrs! That little guy has a V8 motor with headers and straight pipes! When James is up he occupies Kyo’s time but when bed-time comes, I get the attention. If I sit down the cat climbs up my leg, belly and chest to my shoulder, nuzzles me and perches behind my neck, all the time purring. It is hard to hear with that V8 right in my ear! And I am getting hard of hearing! Eventually he shuts down that V8 and closes his eyes. But if I lean back and touch him it kicks in that V8 aroar all over again!

Last night I thought it would be cute to bring him to bed with me expecting him to curl up at my feet. BIG MISTAKE! I rolled over and turned out the light but he was not ready to sleep! He nuzzled my right ear; then licked my hair; then he nuzzled my left ear! I pushed him down the bed a-ways but he was back in a flash! I finally pulled the covers over my head but made the mistake of leaving my hand out. He nuzzled my hand! And that consarned V8 was throbbing all the time. Finally I pulled in my hand in under the covers but he just walked all over me. He finally decided that I was not going to play, gave up and let me sleep.

Did I say something about sitting in my lap?

In the morning I called him and he answered, crawled out from under the bed, stretched, yawned and mewed “Good Morning” and strutted off to find James. All the time that V8 was running again!

I don’t think I need another cat. This one has decided he has enough attention to share with both James and I.

Happy, the dog, basically ignores him. Unexpected, but very good.

And I still need to walk the dog!

Merry Christmas

Allan

3 comments:

Rachel said...

OOohh, makes me want a kitten too! I'm just not sure about having a litter box, right now! I still have one in diapers and, well, isn't that enough poop to clean up? :)

Rachel said...

P.S. Wow, what a handsome young man! I seriously thought I was looking at Allan Jr. with a different hairdo...he is the spitting image of you, dad!

Papa Hale said...

Thanks Rachel