Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kyo --the latest news.

The V8 with straight pipes is back to normal!

In my last blog I wondered if I should give him a blessing however, I did not want to use my priesthood authority inappropriately . Then a scripture popped into my head from Alma 34: 24 Cry unto him over the crops of your fields, that ye may prosper in them. 25 Cry over the flocks of your fields, that they may increase.

So I reasoned that IF I can pray to prosper in my crops and for an increase of my animals for food why cannot I pray for an animal that gives comfort to my grandson. So I gave Kyo a blessing. Two hours later he crawled out from under the blanket where he had been snuggled to keep him warm for the last couple of days, stretched, mewed, and jumped up on me and started purring. The straight pipes indicated an engine that was idling, but it was a contented purr and he was active again. Over the next two days his activity increased, his appetite increased and the shivering and fever are gone.

Thank you Heavenly Father for the blessing of Kyo in our family.

Today 4 days later he is the playful, bouncy, straight piped purring kitten we acquired. I Thank God for His gift to our family. And yes he climbs up Mount Grandpa and settles on my shoulder out of the way of the rest of the family, snuggles my ear and the purr now roars drowning out most everything. So I would say things are pretty much back to normal in the cat world portion of our lives. He is still skinney but he eats four or five times a day and looks healthy.

That scripture goes on to talk about having Faith, being Charitable, Repentance and having Patience to bear your afflictions and your Hope with be that you will have a rest from all of your afflictions. Love that Book of Mormon.

Dad/Allan

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good to hear that the ol' V8 is back up and running! Sounds like he has everyone wrapped around his paws already!